JOB POSTING: Interim SextEd Coordinator
(25 hours per week, January to May 2020)
We encourage people living with HIV or hepatitis C to apply for this position.
The same goes for queer, trans, black, indigenous & people of colour. We get you.
AIDS Community Care Montreal is looking for an interim SextEd Coordinator to join our team!
We provide information, counselling, and support for people living with HIV and/or hepatitis C as well as folks particularly
at risk of contracting STBBIs. SextEd answers young people’s sexual health questions through web, text
messaging and other platforms. With our volunteers, we ensure that our answers and online articles are as
accessible, inclusive, and up-to-date as possible. We work in collaboration with our many communities to
build a compassionate and caring response to HIV and hepatitis C.
The Interim SextEd Coordinator will:
-Edit and respond to SextEd questions as needed;
-Interview , train and supervise SextEd volunteers;
– Collect and process anonymous user data for reporting purposes;
– Maintain and update services and frequently asked questions (FAQs) on sexted.org;
– Coordinate with other organizations to arrange and plan Sex Trivia Nights for Montreal-area youth;
– Engage in Education for Prevention (E4P) Department activities and meetings.
Our ideal candidate:
– Has demonstrated community and sexual health work experience. A degree in sexology, education,
social work or public health is an asset;
– Has in-depth knowledge of safer sex education and Montreal-area services for young people’s health
and well-being. Experience working with youth is an asset;
– Has demonstrated experience in project management. Experience writing for accessibility and
2SLGBTQ+ inclusion is an asset.
– Is knowledgeable about sexual health. You have fundamental knowledge of HIV, HepC, STBBIs,
ACCM, GIPA, Montreal’s queer and trans communities, drug use, and the social drivers of health;
– Works collaboratively with a diverse group of people. You believe in the organization’s mission and
values, and will act as an ambassador for ACCM;
– Is multilingual & fluent in English. Spanish is an asset.
Most importantly, we are looking for people who want to gain experience in community work, youth support
and sexual health.
Please note that no cover letter is required for this application but two references will be requested. To
apply, upload your CV and tell us about your interest in working with ACCM here.
We look forward to hearing from you by Nov 21st, 2019 . Only successful applicants will be contacted for
interview. This interim position is at 25 hours a week, between January and May 2020 and pays $16.00 per