Communications Assistant and Pride Assistant
Indigenous youth are strongly encouraged to apply!
(ten weeks, three days per week)
ACCM encourages youth living with HIV or hepatitis C to apply for these positions.
AIDS Community Care Montreal is hiring two summer students for a nine week contract, totalling 28 days of work at minimum wage. Both positions are open to full time returning or recently graduated students under the age of 30:
Our Communications Assistant will:
- Work with the Comms Coordinator to develop and schedule content for social media, including: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.;
- Support the Comms Coordinator in the creation and design of communications materials;
- Assist the Comms Coordinator in expanding our media contact and resource database;
- Assist the Development Team in the creation of a temporary website for an upcoming event and campaign.
Our Pride Assistant will:
- Work with our Development team as our logistics assistant for all of our Pride events;
- Assist in the coordination of Pride related fundraisers including our Pride Walk;
- Assist in volunteer recruitment;
- Oversee the planning, execution, and sponsorship of ACCM’s booth at Community Day.
Our ideal teammates:
- Have strong interests in harm reduction, sexual health, anti-oppression, and community building. You want to help ACCM succeed in our work;
- Can demonstrate solid time management, organization, initiative and attention to detail;
- Are patient, non-judgemental, problem solvers that are never afraid to ask for help!
- Are multilingual, at minimum fluent in English and French, both spoken and written;
- Are fun & kind! You’re dynamic team players who will bring energy to our organization.
Most importantly, we are looking for people who want to gain experience in community work, fundraising, project management, and sexual health. Though both positions are short-term, we promise you mentorship, opportunity, and inclusion within our fantastic team.
Upload your CV and tell us about your interest in working with ACCM: https://forms.gle/CWzA7XhrQG9FhCaY7 Please note that no cover letter is required for this application process.
We look forward to hearing from you by May 20th, 2019. Only successful applicants will be contacted for interview. This position is a short term contract for a total of 210 hours at $12.50 per hour. Our offices are generally open 10 am to 6 pm, Monday through Thursday, but we are flexible in our work hours.