We encourage people living with HIV or heaptitis C to apply for this position as well as the queer, trans, black, Indigenous & people of colour communities and people living with a disability.
Do you want to apply and develop your communication skills while joining a dynamic team? Be part of vibrant LGBTQ+ community work and contribute to reducing the transmission of HIV, Hepatitis C and other Sexually Transmitted and Blood-Borne Infections? You are at the right place!
AIDS Community Care Montreal (ACCM) is looking for a sexual education Communication Assistant for the SextEd texting helpline and website. ACCM is the only English-speaking community organization offering prevention and support services to serving people living with HIV and/or Hepatitis C in Quebec.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Research and update outdated articles on the SextEd website.
- Write new articles on sexual health and healthy relationships for the SextEd website.
- Review saved answer for incoming frequently asked SextEd text messages.
- Assist the Education for Prevention department with content creation.
- Other opportunities (time permitting and upon interest): Community Day planning, social media content creation, etc.
- Strong English writing skills.
- Strong research skills in non-academic contexts.
- Knowledgeable about sexual health, HIV, Hepatitis C and other Sexually Transmitted and Blood-Borne Infection transmission and prevention.
- Knowledgeable about harm reduction strategies and realities of queer and trans communities.
- Ability to work independently.
- Knowledge about Montreal-area health services and community organizations.
- Experience writing for website audiences (ex. blogging, writing articles, student papers, social media)
- Experience or training in accessible online communication.
- Experience with Google Analytics, AdWords, or both.
- Experience working with WordPress, Slack, or both.
- Salary: $16 per hour
- Job type: Part time (24 hours per week) and seasonal (9 to 10 weeks from June to August)
- Language: English (French is an asset)
- Start date: June 21, 2021
- Supervisor: SextEd Coordinator
- Source of Funding: Canada Summer Jobs #3501121
Who is eligible?
This temporary position is subsidized by the Canada Summer Jobs 2021 program and therefore have eligibility criteria:
- Be between 15 and 30 years old and have the right to work in Canada.
- International students are not eligible.
How to apply?
Please submit a brief cover letter and CV to Emilie Renahy (she/her) at email@example.com with “SextEd Communication Assistant” in the subject line by Monday, June 14, 2021 at 9:00 am. Interviews will be conducted between June 15-18, 2021. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.