We encourage people living with HIV or heaptitis C to apply for this position as well as the queer, trans, black, Indigenous & people of colour communities and people living with a disability.
AIDS Community Care Montreal is looking for a Migrant, Refugee & Protected Persons (MRP) Outreach
Coordinator to join our team! ACCM is the only English-speaking community organization that offers
prevention and support services to people living with HIV and/or Hepatitis C in Quebec. We work in
collaboration with our many communities to build a compassionate and caring response to HIV and
hepatitis C and do education work that equips people with the knowledge and skills needed to make
informed decisions around their sexual health.
The MRP Outreach Coordinator will work closely with the Support Services Team to help connect
HIV/hepatitis C positive migrants, refugees, and protected persons to the necessary resources they need
to establish themselves here in Montreal. They will also work with the Education for Prevention Team to
provide newcomers who are not living with HIV/hepatitis C with sexual health information, access to
prevention materials, testing, and health care.
The MRP Outreach Coordinator will:
- Connect ACCM with key networks of migration and refugee support service organizations and
professionals. Your main role is to build and maintain these connections so that we can best
support migrant and refugee membership in navigating the immigration and health care systems;
- Promote this service to health professionals, community clinics, pharmacies, and various other
relevant community organizations so that they will know how to refer their HIV/hep C positive
clients to ACCM;
- Refer members to ACCM’s Support Services Team for individual counselling or group activities
and refer to external services as needed;
- Provide individual or group learning activities to migrant, refugee, and protected persons seeking
to build their knowledge around their sexual health or drug use whether HIV/hep C positive or
- Assist in membership case management and intake procedures for new members;
- Support initiatives, outreach, and prevention services within cis or trans gay, bisexual, and other
men who have sex with men (gbMSM) communities, including sexualized spaces;
- Provide access to safer sex
Our ideal candidate has all of the following or a combination of the qualities below:
- Has strong ties to the Migrant, Refugee & Protected Persons communities of Montreal;
- Is comfortable working with communities who are disproportionately affected by HIV and other STBBIs such as queer, trans, Black, Indigenous, Latinx, and Arab communities as well as people who use drugs;
- Is knowledgeable about migration related processes. Personal migration experience is an asset;
- Has a fervent belief in harm reduction, and a proven history of practicing harm reduction-based interventions;
- Has demonstrated experience in peer counselling, intervention, and anti-oppression.
- Is knowledgeable about sexual health, HIV, hepatitis C, STBBIs, GIPA/MEPA approaches, and the social drivers of health;
- Believes in the organization’s mission and values, and will act as an ambassador for ACCM to our partners and external committees.
- Is multilingual, at minimum, perfectly fluent in English and French, both written and spoken. A third language is highly recommended.
ACCM is open Monday to Thursday from 10:00 am-6:00 pm. The pay rate for this position is $19.95 per hour, 32h per week, and includes 3 weeks of vacation (on top of end of year holidays) as well as a Health & Wellness fund.
How to apply?
Please submit a cover letter and CV to Emilie Renahy (she/her) at email@example.com with “MRP Outreach Coordinator” in the subject line by midnight Sunday, June 20, 2021. Please also provide two references. Interviews will be conducted between June 22-23, 2021. Only successfully screened applicants will be contacted for an interview.