Support Services Department Manager
(35 hours per week)
ACCM offers programming by and for people living with or affected by HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C and therefore encourages them to apply for this position. We also encourage people who are queer, trans, Black, Indigenous, people of colour and/or living with a disability to apply, to represent the many communities that we serve and to ensure diverse perspectives and practices.
AIDS Community Care Montreal (ACCM) is looking for a Support Services Department Manager to join our team! ACCM is the only English-speaking community organization that offers prevention and support services to people living with or affected by HIV and/or hepatitis C in Quebec. We work in collaboration with our many communities to build a compassionate and caring response to HIV and hepatitis C and do education work that equips people with the knowledge and skills needed to make informed decisions around their sexual health.
The main objective of the Support Services Manager position is to manage Staff, budgets, and project cycles in the Support Services Department. The Manager will also develop Support services programming in cooperation with the Executive Director and Programs’ Coordinators in the spirit of GIPA/MEPA principles and in alignment with ACCM’s 5-year strategic plan. The Support Services Manager reports to and is evaluated by the Executive Director, is the lead decision maker of their Department, and works in close collaboration with the Education for Prevention Services Manager.
The Support Services Manager will have the following core responsibilities:
Manage project cycles in the Support Services Department
- Oversee project cycles to ensure programs’ effectiveness and timeliness, including planning, development, delivery, evaluation, and reporting
- Keep projects on track with their objectives, timelines, targets, and deliverables.
- Review program areas, support the enhancement of the existing programs and/or development of new programs
Manage staff from the Support Services Department
- Hire and train staff in the Support Services Department
- Ensure that staff has the necessary resources to fulfil their responsibilities in an efficient and effective manner.
- Provide ongoing support to staff, including creating work plans, goal setting, and by providing clinical support as well as project management skills, structures, and methods
- Provide feedback on a regular basis to staff and through an annual review process.
- Collect, check, and approve staff timesheets bi-weekly to ensure smooth processing of the payroll
- Maintain staff motivation through creating a trustful and respectful professional environment
- Ensure smooth communication between the Support Services Department and other ACCM departments
- Encourage and ensure staff professional development
- Do conflict resolution as necessary (within / between the team and Membership)
- Follow up ACCM’s grievance procedures in case of necessity
- Enforce implementation of the ACCM personnel policy ensuring the rights of employees are protected
- Enforce implementation of the ACCM code of conduct ensuring ACCM Drop-in (and any ACCM activity or event) is a safe space for all employees, volunteers, and Members
Ensure Programs Development in the Support Services Department
- Promote GIPA/MEPA principles in program development and implementation
- Regularly gather feedback and ideas from membership on their changing needs and develop projects and programming on that basis.
- Liaise with partners to identify potential opportunities of partnership and funding
- In collaboration with the Executive Director and Fundraising Coordinator, research, identify, draft, and submit proposals to potential funding opportunities
Financial responsibilities for the Support Services Department
- Develop and oversee programs’ budgets
- Monitor, supervise, and create reports for petty cash expenditures
- Code and approve cheque requisitions and purchase orders
- Together with the leadership team, participate in quarterly accounting review meetings with the accountant and in the yearly ACCM budget creation exercise with the ED and Board Treasurer
ACCM representation for Support Services
- Collaborate with the Executive Director to maintain, reinforce, support, and build partnerships with appropriate organizations.
- Represent ACCM on various external committees and working groups
- Present ACCM’s services in different forums, platforms, partner organizations such as clinics, community or governmental organizations, and funders
- Leads Support Services Department meetings
- Participate in internal and external training
- Participate in internal and external committees as needed
- Collaborate with the Education for Prevention Manager on joint projects and activities
- Attend ACCM’s major events such as World AIDS Day, Holiday Party, Fundraisers, etc., as deemed necessary
- In close collaboration with the Executive Director and the Education for Prevention Services Manager, lead one project to improve the management and organizational structure of the organization
- Performs all other related tasks related to the nature of the position.
Our ideal candidate has all or a combination of the skills and experience below:
- Has a Master’s degree, preferably in social work, or adequate experience
- Has strong skills in community development, supervision, human resource management, conflict resolution, clinical support
- Has strong project management skills (including development, implementation, and evaluation)
- Has demonstrated experience within the community sector and in support services
- Understands the value of peer support and peer engagement, particularly GIPA/MEPA principles
- Has experience working with communities who are disproportionately affected by HIV, hep C, and other STBBIs including but not limited to queer, trans, migrant, Black, Indigenous, Latinx, and Arab communities, as well as people who use substances
- Has a fervent belief in harm reduction, and a proven history of practising harm reduction and anti-oppression-based interventions
- Is knowledgeable about sexual health, HIV, hepatitis C, STBBIs, and the social drivers of health
- Believes in the organization’s mission and vision, and will act as an ambassador for ACCM to our partners and external committees
- Works collaboratively with and is able to manage a diverse group of people
- Has strong interpersonal skills and is problem solving oriented
- Has sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills
- Is able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Is comfortable writing or reviewing grants
- Is multilingual, at minimum, perfectly fluent in French and English, both written and spoken
ACCM operates from Monday to Thursday, 10:00 am-6:00 pm. The starting pay rate for this position is $26.76 per hour, 35h per week, and includes 3 weeks of paid vacation (on top of 2 weeks over the end of year break), 10 sick days per year, as well as a group health insurance plan (available after the 3-month probation period).
How to apply?
Please submit a cover letter, CV, and two references to William Neath (He/Him) at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Support Manager” in the subject line. We will review applications as we receive them and will stop the hiring process when we find our ideal candidate, so please do not wait to apply! The first round of interviews will take place no later than the week of September 11th, 2023. Only successfully screened applicants will be contacted for an interview.