One on One Support Coordinator
(32 hours per week – 12.5 month contract. March 2021 – April 2022)
We encourage people living with HIV or hepatitis C to apply for this position as well as women, and the queer, trans, black, indigenous & people of colour communities.
AIDS Community Care Montreal is looking for an One on One Support Coordinator to join our team! We provide information, peer counselling, social support and health care navigation support for people living with HIV and/or hepatitis C as well as those particularly at risk of contracting STBBIs. We work in collaboration with our many communities to build a compassionate and caring response to HIV and hepatitis C.
The One on One Support Coordinator will:
- Provide support counselling, follow-up care, HIV and social health related information to ACCM members as well as provide crisis intervention;
- Create new member support case files and orient new members into ACCM’s support activities;
- Link members to appropriate internal and external resources;
- Maintain an active caseload as primary one on one support for members and work closely with the Support Services team on member care (navigating health care, treatment adherence support, secondary STBBI prevention, HIV disclosure, harm reduction based, drug use practices, etc.);
- Participate in Coordinated Case Management meetings, staff and member capacity building sessions as well as staff meetings and events. You will play an active role in ACCM’s community engagement and outreach, including at member events, volunteer activities, and fundraising events;
- Coordinate certain member-focused support services, including tax clinics, Gazette check holiday fund, and our annual holiday party;
- Provide professional reference letters for members in regards to their needs (parole letters, active member letters, capacity letters, general reference letters for work, etc.);
- Serve on internal member committees as requested (WAD, Holiday party, Pride, Consent Committee, BLM, etc.);
- Coordinate and schedule assigned volunteers to assist with One on One support Service programming as needed.
Our ideal candidate:
- Has a strong understanding of self-determination, well-being and empowerment of ACCM’s membership;
- Has demonstrated experience of support counselling and intervention. You have a fervent belief in harm reduction and a proven history of experience with harm reduction-based interventions;
- Is knowledgeable about sexual and social health. You have fundamental knowledge of HIV, HepC, STBBIs, ACCM, GIPA/MEPA, Montreal’s queer and trans communities, drug use, and the social drivers of health;
- Positively adds to the life of ACCM. You are flexible in your duties and working methods, and enjoy working collaboratively with a diverse group of people;
- Empathetic and a good listener. Non judgemental and open to diverse histories, lifestyles and backgrounds of our members;
- Strong data entry skills and database management utilising internal Client Member Database Programs (Penelope);
- Ability to maintain accurate records of support care to assist the Support Services Team in providing individualized care for our members, in addition to assisting in reconciliation of information for government and grant reporting;
- Is multilingual, at minimum, perfectly fluent in English, both written and spoken, and conversational French, written and spoken;
- Work Monday-Thursday 10 – 18 with occasional nights and weekends required for events, fundraisers and groups sessions.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Please also provide 2 references.
We look forward to hearing from you by Thursday, February 25, 2021. Only successfully screened applicants will be contacted for an interview. This position is at 32 hours a week for 12.5 months and pays $19 per hour.