Note: This position is funded by Emploi Quebec, eligibility is a prerequisite.
1. The candidate should not currently be employed
2. The candidate must meet with an agent at Emploi-Quebec to get a form filled out (the EQ-9330). To book an appointment at an office located in your “Arrondissement” , go on this Emploi QC webpage, then
– Trouver le service correspondant à vos besoins : Choose “Aide a l’emploi”
– Inscrire le code postal de votre domicile : Put your own postal code
– Click on “Trouver un bureau“
– Call the listed “point de service“
ACCM offers by and for programming, and therefore encourages people living with or affected by HIV or
hepatitis C to apply for this position. We also encourage people who are queer, trans, Black, Indigenous,
people of colour and/or living with a disability to apply, to represent the many communities that we serve and to ensure diverse perspectives and practices.
AIDS Community Care Montreal (ACCM) is looking for an Events Coordinator to join our team! ACCM is the only English-speaking community organisation that offers prevention and support services to people living with or affected by HIV and/or hepatitis C in Quebec. We work in collaboration with our many communities to build a compassionate and caring response to HIV and hepatitis C and do education work that equips people with the knowledge and skills needed to make informed decisions around their sexual health.
The main objective of the Events Coordinator position is to assist in coordinating activities around ACCM’s 35th Anniversary and coordinate our largest fundraiser of the year, the art auction entitled ArtSIDA.
The Event and Fundraising Assistant will:
- Coordinate a large-scale, art auction event with accompanying events leading up to it, including but not limited to securing venue, catering, volunteer, and other logistical needs, artists recruitment and follow up, Curatorial Committee management;
- Update & execute 35th Anniversary events work-plans, including assessment of logistical and
- Solicit event sponsors and develop new partnerships to secure donations and in-kind support;
- Collaborate with the Communications Coordinator and the Development Coordinator to develop
promotional materials, signages, social media posts and the fundraising newsletter.
Our ideal candidate has all or a combination of the qualities and experiences below:
- Experience in event or large-scale planning and operating;
- Experience in fundraising in a variety of contexts, especially non-profit;
- Understanding of the communities we serve, ACCM’s mission and vision, Montreal’s non-profit
scene, and anti-oppression work;
- Highly organised and detail oriented;
- Experience in working collaboratively and networking with a diverse group of people;
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently to meet tight deadlines;
- Efficient and professional communication skills via phone, email, video conferencing, and in-person;
- Proficiency with the Google Suite; additional proficiencies with Facebook, Instagram, Canva, and
Simplyk are considered an asset;
- Excellent spoken and written English and French.
ACCM is open Monday to Thursday from 10:00 am-6:00 pm. For this position however, the person should be available to work during evening and weekend events. The pay rate for this position is $20.95 per hour, 32h per week. As a contractual employee for a period of 30 weeks, you are entitled to four (4) days of paid sick leave and two (2) personal days.
How to apply?
Please submit a cover letter and CV to William Neath (He/Him) at email@example.com with “Events Coordinator” in the subject line. Please also provide two references and start the process to get your Emploi Quebec Letter of Eligibility. We will review applications on a rolling basis and might stop the hiring process if we find our ideal candidate, so please do not wait to apply!
Only successfully screened applicants will be contacted for an interview.