ACCM offers by and for programming, and therefore encourages people living with or affected by HIV or hepatitis C to apply for this position, as well as people who are queer, trans, Black, Indigenous, people of colour and/or living with a disability to represent the many communities that we serve and ensure diverse perspectives and practices.
AIDS Community Care Montreal (ACCM) is looking for a Development, Event and Fundraising Coordinator to join our team! ACCM is the only English-speaking community organization that offers prevention and support services to people living with or affected by HIV and/or Hepatitis C in Quebec. We work in collaboration with our many communities to build a compassionate and caring response to HIV and hepatitis C and do education work that equips people with the knowledge and skills needed to make informed decisions around their sexual health.
Through this position, you will assist ACCM in developing and implementing its fundraising strategy through managing our donor database and coordinating fundraising campaigns and events, including our two largest fundraisers of the year, our annual art auction ArtSIDA and our collaboration with the Friends For Life Bike Rally.
As a key member of the ACCM team, the Development, Event & Fundraising Coordinator will:
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of annual, monthly, and ad hoc donors campaigns as well as the Fundraising Newsletter;
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of events, including the assessment of logistical and volunteer needs for our large-scale annual fundraisers, parties, community engagement events, and internal members-only events;
- Develop and execute ACCM’s fundraising strategy, work-plans, timelines, and update tools as needed;
- Solicit sponsors and build new partnerships through community and corporate networks;
- Recruit and support third-party fundraising partnerships, attend third-party events;
- Streamline donor platforms and Manage the donors database;
- Collaborate with the Support Services and Education for Prevention Teams to support their project-related events;
- Collaborate with the Communications Coordinator to coordinate event-related social media posts and the fundraising newsletter;
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and Programs’ Manager to complete grants applications and search for external funding sources.
Our ideal candidate has all or a combination of the qualities and experiences below:
- Is highly organized, detail oriented, and loves a spreadsheet;
- Has experience fundraising in a variety of contexts, especially non for profit; CFRE qualification or equivalent is an asset;
- Has event or festival planning and operating experience;
- Has experience with creating and maintaining donor platforms and databases;
- Understands the communities we serve, has knowledge of Montreal’s non-profit scene, and believes in our anti-oppression work;
- Works collaboratively with a diverse group of people, believes in ACCM’s mission and values, and will act as an ambassador for ACCM to our partners;
- Is comfortable fundraising, and networking within our communities and takes initiative when it comes to finding funding through sponsorship, individual giving, and grant proposals;
- Is multilingual, at minimum, perfectly fluent in French and English, both written and spoken.
ACCM is open Monday to Thursday from 10:00 am-6:00 pm. For this position however, the Coordinator should be available to work during evening and weekend events. The starting pay rate for this position is $19.95 per hour, 32h per week, and includes 3 weeks of vacation (on top of 2 weeks over the end of year break), 10 sick days per year, as well as a health insurance group plan.
How to apply?
Please submit a cover letter and CV to William Neath (Him/Him) at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development, Events, and Fundraising Coordinator” in the subject line by March 20th, 2022. Please also provide two references. Only successfully screened applicants will be contacted for an interview.