ACCM and JQY are running by and for programs, we therefore encourage people living with HIV or hepatitis C to apply for this position, as well as people who are queer, trans, Black, Indigenous, people of colour and/or living with a disability to get different perspectives and practices from our many communities.
AIDS Community Care Montreal (ACCM) is looking for a Jeunes Queer Youth Coordinator to join our team! ACCM is the only English-speaking community organization that offers prevention and support services to people living with HIV and/or Hepatitis C in Quebec. We work in collaboration with our many communities to build a compassionate and caring response to HIV and hepatitis C and do education work that equips people with the knowledge and skills needed to make informed decisions around their sexual health.
Jeunes Queer Youth (JQY) is an Alliance program between ACCM, RÉZO, Coalition des groups jeunesse LGBTQ+, Project 10, and Action Santé Travesti(e)s et Transsexuel(le)s du Québec (ASTT(e)Q). It is a sexual health program that is by and for trans and queer youth. JQY offers support and funds projects that are dedicated to the sexual health and wellness of our community. Bi-annual summits are organised to offer workshops, showcase youth-led projects, and give a space for youth networking where they learn, get connected to community resources, and meet youth that they may not have encountered otherwise. The JQY Program Coordinator will work closely with the JQY Team to coordinate project cycles and Alliance Orgs.
The JQY Program Manager will:
- Coordinate activities cycles (youth-led projects, bi-annual summits, workshops, Séries Queeries Series), including planning, development, delivery, evaluation, as well as budget and human resources allocation;
- Follow up youth-led projects;
- Ensure by and for practices wherever possible;
- Ensure the integration of anti-racist practices throughout all of JQY’s programming;
- Develop and adapt tools for the team to keep activities on track with their objectives, timelines, expenses, and deliverables;
- Coordinate the annual activity report for funder;
- Oversee the communication strategy;
- Coordinate the outreach strategy to expand key networks, especially with QTBIPOC groups to ensure programming inclusion, and to build and maintain connection with other community orgs, groups, and schools;
- Liaise with the 5 Alliance organization’s Executive Directors;
- Coordinate weekly team meetings with the JQY Team and monthly to bi-monthly meetings with Alliance EDs;
- Represent ACCM and JQY in the community and with funders.
Our ideal candidate has any combination of the following qualities and experiences; lived, grassroot and informal experience are also highly considered
- Project management skills;
- Experience in the coordination of Alliance programming involving multiple community organizations;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Bilingual (English and French speaking and written);
- Knowledge about sexual health and prevention, including HIV, Hepatitis C, STBBIs, and the social drivers of health;
- Knowledge about queer and trans youth realities;
- Experience with anti-racist practices;
- Experience with the Montreal landscape of local community organizations and schools who work with trans and queer youth;
- Networking with the creation and maintenance of meaningful relationships;
- Workshop facilitation/public speaking;
- Program evaluation.
ACCM is open Monday to Thursday from 10:00 am-6:00 pm. The pay rate for this position is $19.95 per hour, 32h per week, and includes 3 weeks of vacation (on top of end of year holidays) as well as a Health & Wellness fund. Temporary position of 9 month, renewable upon funding.
How to apply?
Please fill out this form and upload your CV by midnight August 11th, 2021. Only successfully screened applicants will be contacted for an interview.