Trans gbMSM Outreach Coordinator/Intervenant de Proximité
(30 hours per week)
We encourage people living with HIV or hepatitis C to apply for this position.
The same goes for queer, trans, black, indigenous & people of colour. We get you.
AIDS Community Care Montreal is looking for a Trans gbMSM (gay, bisexual, and men who have sex with men) Outreach Coordinator to join our team! Kontak (kontak.ca) is a harm-reduction support service for trans and cis gbMSM in Montreal, delivering safer sex supplies, toys, and safer drug-use materials. We provide information, counselling, and support at events, clubs, and sex parties. We are available to talk about testing, drug use, chemsex, access to care, risk, mental health, and the maintenance of a healthy sex life.
The Trans gbMSM Outreach Coordinator will:
- Promote Kontak services to cisgender and transgender gay, bisexual men who have sex with men at sex parties, bars, clubs, and other spaces where trans and non-binary folks hang out and cruise;
- Provide meaningful interventions to trans gbMSM wanting to talk about sex, drug use and/or partying;
- Liaise with party organizers, bar managers, and community leaders. You will assume an active role in our communities to promote harm reduction and access to safer sex and drug-use materials;
- Engage in event-based and online outreach with trans gbMSM, including dating apps;
- Recruit, train and support volunteers who will be helping in queer & trans outreach events.
Our ideal candidate:
- Has strong ties to the trans & non-binary communities of Montreal. You are comfortable in and knowledgeable about queer sexual spaces, including bathhouses, sex parties, bars and queer friendly spaces in Montreal;
- Has demonstrated experience in counselling and intervention. You have a fervent belief in harm reduction, anti-oppression, and strengths-based practice, and a proven history of practicing harm reduction-based interventions;
- Is knowledgeable about sexual health. You have fundamental knowledge of HIV, HepC, STBBIs, ACCM, GIPA, Montreal’s queer and trans communities, drug use, and the social drivers of health;
- Is knowledgeable about safer drug-use and harm reduction strategies. Engaging with people who are drug users does not disturb you. Personal experience using drugs an asset;
- Works collaboratively with a diverse group of people. You believe in the organization’s mission and values, and will act as an ambassador for ACCM to our partners and external committees;
- Is familiar with social and sexual networking apps. WordPress knowledge is an asset;
- Is multilingual, at minimum, fluent in French and English, written and spoken. Spanish is an asset.
Most importantly, we are looking for people who want to gain experience in community work, outreach, chemsex support and sexual health.
Please note that no cover letter is required for this application but two references will be requested in this online form. To apply, upload your CV and tell us about your interest in working with ACCM through the following form: https://forms.gle/oSAt45c2jRPMwRJJ6
We look forward to hearing from you by January 5th, 2020. Only successful applicants will be contacted for interview. This position is at 30 hours a week and pays $17.00 per hour, $16.50 during probationary period.