We encourage people living with HIV or hepatitis C to apply for this position. We also encourage queer, trans, Black, Indigenous, women and people of colour to apply.
AIDS COMMUNITY CARE MONTREAL (ACCM) IS LOOKING FOR AN EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR (ED) TO JOIN OUR TEAM.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the ED will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for staff, programs, financial health, expansion, and execution of our mission. ACCM is a volunteer-based community organization working to enhance the quality of life of people living with HIV/AIDS and/or hepatitis C, to prevent HIV and hepatitis C transmission, and to promote community awareness and action.
(Please note, ACCM refers to clients of our services as members.)
The ED will:
- Promote and implement with members, and volunteers the Greater Involvement and Meaningful Engagement of People Living with HIV and/or AIDS (GIPA/MEPA) principles in program development and strategic planning;
- Oversee and actively manage the budget and financial results of the organization, provide guidance and accountability, monitor organization-wide budgets and expenses through sound accounting and financial reconciliation, reporting results to the board on a quarterly basis;
- Improve the existing fundraising channels and build new and lasting funding and development opportunities with community, government, pharmaceutical and corporate allies;
- Increase and maintain a goal of 10% unrestricted funding of ACCM yearly operational budget through the Implementation of a donor database, individual giving and our yearly annual fundraiser;
- Create a five year strategic plan (2022-2027) with the members, staff, volunteers and stakeholders;
- Deepen a culture of transparency with all stakeholders, including members, staff, volunteers, funders and donors in the direction of our programming, strategic vision and financial realities;
- Maintain and build excellent relationships with other community organizations;
- Develop and implement updated HR practices and policies;
- Supervise direct reports of Program Managers (2), Development, Communications and Volunteer/Administrative Coordinators;
- Support a strong and diverse Board of Directors with the oversight of the executive committee to ensure the success of ACCM and keep them informed about the state of the organization and the field of sexual health in Canada, including but not limited to strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
Our ideal candidate:
- Has strong community knowledge of the Montréal non profit landscape;
- Excellent human resource management skills in both development and implementation of policies and procedures
- Experience in strategic planning are assets;
- Is comfortable in grant writing, fundraising, and networking within our communities. Takes initiative when it comes to funding programs through sponsorship, individual giving, and grant proposals, and ensures that all funding sources align with our needs, values and organizational capacities;
- Is knowledgeable about sexual health. You have fundamental knowledge of ACCM, as well as HIV, Hep C, STBBIs (sexually transmitted blood borne infections), GIPA/MEPA, Montreal’s queer and trans communities, chemsex, and the social drivers of health;
- Understands the principles of harm reduction and how they apply in a community setting;
- Works collaboratively with a diverse group of people including our membership and volunteers. Believes in the organization’s mission and values, acting as an ambassador for ACCM to our partners and external committees and an excellent representative for ACCM at public events;
- Experience sitting on government committees is an asset;
- Is multilingual, at minimum, perfectly fluent in French and English, both written and spoken.
This is a permanent, non-exempt position with a salary commensurate with experience.
Candidates have until midnight, July 12, 2020 to apply. To apply, email your CV, cover letter and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about your interest in working with ACCM.
Thank you for your application; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.