Job Posting: Support Councillor
(30 hours per week – 3.5 month contract)
We encourage people living with HIV or hepatitis C to apply for this position.
The same goes for queer, trans, black, indigenous & people of colour. We get you.
AIDS Community Care Montreal is looking for Support Councillor to join our team! We provide information, counselling, and support for people living with HIV and/or hepatitis C as well as folks particularly at risk of contracting STBBIs. We work in collaboration with our many communities to build a compassionate and caring response to HIV and hepatitis C.
The Support Councillor will:
- provide formal and informal counselling, follow-ups, and crisis intervention to ACCM members;
- assist the Support Service Department with ACCM’s intake procedures for new members;
- maintain an active caseload and work closely with the Support Services team;
- participate in weekly Coordinated Case Management meetings, capacity building sessions as well as staff meetings and events. You will play an active role in ACCM’s community engagement, including at member events, volunteer activities, and fundraising events;
- administer member-focused support services, including tax clinics, the buddy program, and our annual holiday party, and other practical help.
Our ideal candidate:
- Has a strong understanding of self-determination, well-being and empowerment of ACCM’s membership;
- Has demonstrated experience counselling and intervention. You have a fervent belief in harm reduction and a proven history of experience with harm reduction-based interventions;
- Is knowledgeable about sexual health. You have fundamental knowledge of HIV, HepC, STBBIs, ACCM, GIPA, Montreal’s queer and trans communities, drug use, and the social drivers of health;
- Positively adds to the life of ACCM. You are flexible in your duties and working methods, and enjoy working collaboratively with a diverse group of people;
- Is multilingual, at minimum, perfectly fluent in French and English, both written and spoken. Spanish or Arabic is an asset.
Most importantly, we are looking for people who want to gain experience in community work, crisis intervention, case management and sexual health.
Please note that no cover letter is required for this application but two references will be requested. To apply, upload your CV and tell us about your interest in working with ACCM at the following link : https://forms.gle/Hg7FAeCa6y52kGRs8
We look forward to hearing from you by August 5th, 2019. Only successful applicants will be contacted for interview. This 3.5 month contract is at 30 hours a week and pays $16.50 per hour.