Communications & Campaigns Coordinator
(32 hours per week)
We encourage people living with HIV or hepatitis C to apply for this position.
The same goes for queer, trans, black, indigenous & people of colour. We get you.
AIDS Community Care Montreal is looking for a Communications & Campaigns Coordinator to join our team! We provide information, counseling, and support for people living with HIV and/or hepatitis C as well as folks particularly at risk of contracting STBBIs. We work in collaboration with our many communities to build a compassionate and caring response to HIV and hepatitis C.
As Communications & Campaigns Coordinator you will:
- Promote ACCM’s support services and programs through comprehensive communications strategy;
- Develop impactful fundraising campaigns, on-brand messaging and anti-stigma initiatives;
- Cultivate, supervise and archive ACCM’s media visibility;
- Design communications materials, including prevention campaigns, websites, print publications, annual reports, press releases;
- Oversee the maintenance of program websites and social media accounts;
- Compose and edit organizational messaging, as needed, as well as oversee translation.
- Support fundraising activities, including our annual art auction, Artsida, as well as fundraising campaigns throughout the year.
Our Communications Coordinator:
- Has a proven track record of project coordination and strong organizational skills. You can make order out of chaos while keeping a smile on your face;
- Is knowledgeable about sexual health. You have fundamental knowledge of HIV, HepC, STBBIs, ACCM, GIPA, Montreal’s queer and trans communities, drug use, and the social drivers of health;
- Is comfortable fundraising and takes initiative when it comes to highlighting our programs. You can get people excited about the organization’s activities, and increase our reach;
- Positively adds to the life of ACCM. You are a team player with a desire to help the organization be the best it can be. You are flexible in your duties and working methods, and enjoy working collaboratively with a diverse group of people;
- Is social media savvy, and can engage our audiences through effective messaging;
- Is a networker. You have knowledge of Montreal’s LGBT communities, and related publicity opportunities. You love to shake hands and make new connections;
- Has experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite & WordPress;
- Is multilingual, at minimum, perfectly fluent in French and English, Spanish is an asset.
Most importantly, we are looking for people who want to gain experience in community development, outreach, inclusive communications and sexual health.
Please note that no cover letter is required for this application but two references will be requested. To apply, upload your CV and tell us about your interest in working with ACCM at the following link: https://forms.gle/pRGL6GRAKarFXyjs8
We look forward to hearing from you by October 28th, 2019. Only successful applicants will be contacted for interview. This position is at 32 hours a week and pays $17.00 per hour, $16.50 during probationary period.