Job posting: Event and Fundraising Assistant (30 hours / week)
Note: this position is funded by Emploi Quebec, eligibility is a prerequisite.
We encourage people living with HIV or hepatitis C to apply for this position.
The same goes for queer, trans, black, indigenous & people of colour. We get you.
AIDS Community Care Montreal is looking for Event & Fundraising Assistant to join our family! We raise funds to sustain our life changing programming and to ensure by-and-for support services. Through this position, you will assist us in coordinating our largest fundraiser of the year, our annual art auction entitled Artsida (www.artsida.org).
As a key member of the development team, the E&F Assistant will:
- Solicit event sponsors and secure new partnerships;
- Coordinate the planning of large-scale events, including fundraisers, parties, community engagement events, and internal members-only events;
- Update & execute event work-plans, including assessments of logistical and volunteer needs;
- Support our team to fulfill an ambitious year of community-building and fundraising.
Our ideal candidate:
- Is highly organized, detail oriented and loves a spreadsheet. Demonstrated planning experience is an asset;
- Has experience fundraising in a variety of contexts;
- Has event or festival planning and operating experience;
- Understands the communities we serve and supports ACCM’s mission and vision. You have knowledge of Montreal’s non-profit scene. You believe in our anti-oppression work.
- Works collaboratively with a diverse group of people. You believe in the organization’s mission and values, and will act as an ambassador for ACCM to our partners. You can work a room, and are an excellent representative for ACCM at public events;
- Is comfortable fundraising, and networking within our communities. You take initiative when it comes to funding your events through sponsorship, individual giving, and grant proposals;
- Is multilingual, at minimum, perfectly fluent in French and English, both written and spoken.
Most importantly, we are looking for people who want to gain experience in community work, program development, team management and sexual health.
Please note that no cover letter is required for this application but one referencewill be requested along with your Emploi Quebec Letter of Eligibility. To apply, upload your CV and tell us about your interest in working with ACCM at the following link:
We look forward to hearing from you by September 3rd, 2019. Only successful applicants will be contacted for interview. This six month contract is at 30 hours a week and pays $16.00 per hour.