We encourage people living with HIV or heaptitis C to apply for this position as well as the queer, trans, black, Indigenous & people of colour communities and people living with a disability.
Do you want to apply and develop your skills while joining a dynamic team? Be part of vibrant LGBTQ+
community work and contribute to fundraising efforts for an important cause? You are at the right place!
AIDS Community Care Montreal (ACCM) is looking for a part-time Development and Event Planner Assistant position. ACCM is the only English-speaking community organization offering prevention and support services to people living with HIV and/or Hepatitis C in Quebec. Please make yourself familiar with our vision and mission by heading to accmontreal.org.
The successful candidate will be able to work with the Development Coordinator to plan the Montreal-based logistics of the Friends for Life Bike Rally and ACCM’s participation in Montreal Pride events. This position is partially funded by the Canada Summer Jobs grant and therefore, will be a 24 hr/week, 9 to 11-week placement with an hourly pay rate of $16/hr. ACCM is open Monday to Thursday from 10:00 am-6:00 pm, but some evening and weekend work will be required.
The Development and Events Assistant will also be responsible for:
● Drafting sponsorship requests and reaching out to community partners to explore donation
opportunities or in-kind support.
● Engage and support ACCM development and event-planning volunteers.
● Assist Development Coordinator with long-term fundraising planning.
● Collaborate with event-planning partners, acting as an ACCM representative.
● Updating donor and volunteer databases.
● Proficiency with the Google Suite inclusive of Gmail, Docs, Sheets and Slides. Additional proficiencies
with Facebook, Instagram, Canva, and Simplyk are considered an asset.
● Efficient and professional communication skills via phone, email, video conferencing and in-person.
● Experience working with diverse teams. Experience supporting volunteer teams is considered an
● Strong initiative and ability to work independently to meet tight deadlines.
● Fluency in English is mandatory. French fluency is considered an asset.
Who is eligible?
This temporary position is subsidized by the Canada Summer Jobs 2021 program (#3501131) and therefore have eligibility criteria:
● Be between 15 and 30 years old and have the right to work in Canada.
● International students are not eligible.
How to apply?
Please submit a brief cover letter and resume to Emilie Renahy (she/her) at email@example.com with “Development and Events Assistant position” in the subject line by Monday, June 14, 2021 at 9:00 am. Interviews will be conducted between June 15-18, 2021. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.