Hello ACCM members and community,
With recent developments on COVID 19 and based on advice from the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC), Ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux, and partners in our health services community, ACCM is implementing temporary operational processes and changes. These changes uphold public health and safety guidelines while maintaining services that are beneficial and helpful to our membership.
Immediate changes to ACCM operations starting Monday, March 16th;
- Groups and activities: Postponed until further notice and rescheduled as available, at a later date.
- One-on-one support: Scheduled one on one support will be phone based. Reach out to us by phone, we are here for you for a chat.
- Please call 514-527-0928 ext 100 and leave a message for support. Your call will be returned within 24 hours.
- Our Support Services Team will also be reaching out to those with scheduled appointments or those with limited access to email to let them know of these changes.
- Harm reduction based support: ACCM will provide access to safer sex or drug use materials through appointment by calling 514-527-0928 ext 100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Buyers Club: We will be assessing next steps as we receive news from our usual food providers. Stay tuned for further guidance about pickup on March 25th.
- ACCM will open from 17h30-18h30 on Monday the 16th to distribute Dinner and Discussion meals to take home as well as provide access to any safer sex or drug use materials
- Volunteers in E4P will be asked to work remotely
- Staff returning from trips abroad will be self quarantining at home for 14 days and will work from home.
Let’s remember that this is not the first time we have faced a pandemic. We encourage you all to treat one another with empathy, kindness and understanding. As people living with or loving people living with HIV, let us move forward with decisions and actions based in well researched information and not with hysteria, stigma and discrimination.
Thank you in advance for your understanding. We will continue to always be here for you; we are a phone call or email away.
We will update our ACCM community as more information is learned and we will be modifying operations as we go along. Please don’t hesitate to call or email if you have any questions or concerns.
Phone 514-527-0928 ext 100 Email email@example.com
What can I do now to help prevent the spread of respiratory infections?·
- Wash your hands regularly and thoroughly for 20 seconds (sing happy birthday twice), especially after using tissue and before handling food
- Avoid touching your face. Sneeze into your sleeves or tissue and throwing away used tissues right away after using
- Keep at least a 1 month supply of your medications, just in case!
- People living with HIV should always try to have at least a one month extra supply of medications.
- If you don’t have an extra 1 month supply:
- Check to make sure your prescription still allows refills, and if not, contact your doctor and let them know;
- If your prescription allows for refills, go to your pharmacy and tell them you want an extra 1 month supply of your medications;
- If your pharmacy cannot give you an extra 1 month supply, seek out the support team who can assist you with seeking a compassionate pharmacy who may be able to assist.
- If you have questions about Covid 19, check with Quebec Public Health for updated information:https://www.quebec.ca/en/health/health-issues/a-z/2019-coronavirus/
- If you are concerned about COVID‑19, you can call toll-free 1 877 644‑4545.