At the 2023 AGM, on June 5th, we will be voting in new members for the board of directors. Are you a potential candidate?
DEADLINE: May 21st
Applications will be treated as they are received. So apply today!
Paper forms are available at the drop-in. If someone you know would be a great fit, please nominate them!
Why should you sit on the ACCM board?
We need community leaders to help us achieve our Mission and Vision. This coming term, ACCM will be focusing on:
- Greater involvement of people living with HIV & Meaningful engagement of people living with HIV (GIPA/MEPA).
- Organizational structure.
- Communications (internal and external).
- Our space.
Who is a Good Fit for the ACCM Board?
ACCM is looking for new board members who can round out the skillsets of our current board in order for us to achieve our goals and better serve our community. We are looking for a few different profiles:
Community Members: People living with HIV or Hep C who have skills needed to help us achieve our goals or lived experiences to share.
Human Resources: People with profiles in human resources to help us strengthen our internal policies and structures.
Fundraising: People with profiles in fundraising to help us reach our financial goals.
Law & Rights: People with profiles in law & rights to help us advocate for those in need.
What Are the Responsibilities of the Board Members?
- The board of directors is a governance board, and as such, its role is to approve the strategic direction of the organization and ensure the Executive Director (ED) has the resources necessary to fulfill their role.
- Board members have a special role to play as the organization’s ambassadors, advocates, and community representatives.
- Provide support for fundraising activities and events as requested by the ED and fundraising staff.
- The Board’s role is to ensure current and proposed programs and services are consistent with the organization’s mission, vision, and budget.
- The Board is responsible for ensuring that policies are in place to guide the organization, that policies are ethical and accountable, and that they are adhered to.
What Are the Expectations for the Board Members?
- Attend the AGM on June 5th.
- 2h meeting every 6 weeks (General Board Meetings).
- Attend the Volunteer Orientation and the Board Orientation sessions.
- Commit to at least one other task: Join a sub-committee, Help with fundraising, etc.
Our AGM will take place on June 5th from 6-8 PM.
The event will be hybrid. This means you will be able to join online and in person.
Should the weather and Covid permit, we will organize a BBQ right before, from 4-6 PM.