AIDS Community Care Montreal is proud to announce our seventh edition of Artsida on March 12, 2017 at the Musee d’Art Contemporain de Montreal! We are currently inviting artist submissions.
Submissions may be made through our online form: http://artsida.org/artwork/submissions/
The deadline is January 20th 2017.
Based on community and artist feedback, we are happy to announce a few changes that will expand the reach of the event.
- Artsida7 will return once again to a downtown location and will consist of a preview evening and a VIP preview party on March 4th where works will also be on display to the public for one week.
- We have increased our sponsorship and ticket sales reach this year, and have been working on lists of potential buyers and high-income customers all year. Maximizing potential bids is an organizational priority.
- Artsida7 will include an expanded media strategy, and we have begun to receive commitments from major media outlets. This year we will also be reaching out to francophone media.
- We will also be spacing the auction from the bar in order to allow buyers focus while giving party-goers a space to mingle.
- We are expanding our direct sales (fixed price artworks) while giving promotional emphasis to Montreal artists.
This year we are also expanding our artist prizes:
1- An emerging artist award of $500.
2- A people’s choice award. Info to come.
3- We are working to secure funding for a $1000 prize for established artists.
Artsida7 comes at a very important time for ACCM. While we have had a tremendous year of providing community services—expanding our staffing, our women’s outreach programming, our gay men’s prevention services, and our text-based helpline for youth—the needs of our members have never been greater. All funds from Artsida7 go directly to our programs and services that impact people living with or at risk for HIV.
We are seeking submissions in two categories:
1- Live auction works, valued at $400 and more and limited to 52 pieces.
2- Fixed price works, valued at $350 and less, which prioritize emergent Montreal artists. Fixed price works will be sold at the vernissage and main auction.
All artists who donate works to Artsida7 will receive a ticket to the event and recognition in our catalogue. Tax receipts for the full value of the work will be given to any artists who donate the total proceeds of their work to ACCM. Artists will have an opportunity to retain up to 40% of the paid price to cover their costs as necessary.
Please contact Jordan with any questions at email@example.com. On a personal note, I am deeply grateful for your kindness in my first year leading ACCM. If you would like to come see our changing services, to better get to know where your donations are going, or just to get to know me better, I’d be happy to meet.
Raise your hand for ACCM!