We encourage people living with HIV or heaptitis C to apply for this position as well as the queer, trans, black, Indigenous & people of colour communities and people living with a disability.
AIDS Community Care Montreal is looking for an Administrative Coordinator to join our team! ACCM is the only English-speaking community organization that offers prevention and support services to people living with HIV and/or Hepatitis C in Quebec. We work in collaboration with our many communities to build a compassionate and caring response to HIV and hepatitis C and do education work that equips people with the knowledge and skills needed to make informed decisions around their sexual health.
As a key and central member of the organization, the Administrative Coordinator will participate and contribute to many ACCM’s day-to-day tasks. The main duties will be to provide administrative support for the organization and the staff through office management, events coordination, and maintaining relationships with administrative stakeholders.
Office and Facilities Coordination
● Manage office administrative duties;
● Plan and implement office, filing, and archive systems;
● Coordinate layout and equipment procurement;
● Oversee facilities management (building repairs, installation of equipment, cleaning);
● Maintain and replenish inventory;
● Oversee new and/or maintain contracts and suppliers, conduct cost analyses;
● Membership and contract renewals;
● Manages the voicemail system;
● Liaise with technical support services, the City of Montreal, and other tenants of the building.
HR / Accounting
● Orientation of new staff to ACCM, including overview of policies and protocols, and ensure that all relevant documentation be distributed;
● Print and send cheques;
● Payroll every other week;
● Ensure that invoices are processed and paid on time;
● Ensure that reporting is processed on time;
● Application, liaison, and coordination with Canada Summer Jobs and Emploi Québec positions.
● Tax receipts for donations;
● Donor database maintenance.
● Coordinate job postings;
● Aid in the coordination of organizational operations (Annual General Meeting, Annual Report, room booking, etc.);
● Act as Gmail webmaster;
● Help with notes taking during team meetings;
● Assist in writing and editing letters, applications, and grant proposals;
● Connect with guest speakers for capacity building.
Our ideal candidate has all of the following or a combination of the qualities below:
● Is highly organized, detail oriented, and loves spreadsheets. Demonstrated planning experience is an asset;
● Can work both independently and collaboratively depending on the contexts;
● Understands the communities we serve and fervently supports ACCM’s mission, vision, and values;
● Is multilingual, at minimum, perfectly fluent in French and English, both written and spoken.
ACCM is open Monday to Thursday from 10:00 am-6:00 pm. The pay rate for this position is $19.95 per hour, 24h per week, and includes 3 weeks of vacations (on top of end of year holidays) as well as a Health & Wellness fund.
How to apply?
Please submit a cover letter and CV to Emilie Renahy (she/her) at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Admin Coordinator” in the subject line by midnight Sunday, June 20, 2021. Please also provide two references. Interviews will be conducted between June 22-23, 2021. Only successfully screened applicants will be contacted for an interview.